Orient Express GB
Selle Français stallion, ORIENT EXPRESS * HDC has an exceptional pedigree.
Son of QUICK STAR who, from his height of 1.59m, achieved a brilliant sporting career. Under the saddle of Nick Skelton first, then Meredith Michaels Beerbaum, the little horse accumulated more than €500,000 in earnings. Among his most beautiful victories let us recall that of Maastricht in 1992 and Mannheim in 1993. In his second career as a stallion, the son of GALOUBET A was approved in more than 20 different studbooks and boasts many world-famous offspring to date, including BIG STAR, Olympic Team Champion in London in 2012 and individually in Rio in 2016 with Nick Skelton; SPREHE STELLA, European Team Champion at Hickstead in 1999 with Meredith Michaels Beerbaum; QUICK STUDY, ridden by Lauren Hough and ranked 25th global performer in 2011, etc.
KAMTCHATKA, dam of ORIENT EXPRESS*HDC, is a daughter of LE TOT DE SEMILLY (ISO 177), the sire of many CSI5* winners headed by World champion DIAMANT DE SEMILLY and the great ITOT DU CHATEAU (ISO 197), winner at CSIO level with Edwina Tops Alexander.
His 2nd dam, LORIPIERRE (ISO 175) was an international winner and French champion with Gilles Bertran de Balanda. She has also produced DOLLAR DELA PIERRE, a private stallion and CSIO winner with Reynald Angot, World Champion in team in 2002.
ORIENT EXPRESS*HDC has had an impeccable sporting career with almost a million euros in earnings. He was the 6YO Champion in France, PRO 1 French Champion and a brilliant CSI-W / CSIO winner under Patrice Delaveau, including in the Nations Cup final in Barcelona, winner of many CSI5* Grand Prix and World Vice-Champion in team as well as individually in 2014.
He is now renowned as a stallion, sire among others of :
- ALDO DU PLESSIS (m.b., 2010) CSI05* under the saddle of A. Deroubaix, 3rd of the GP 1,50 – 1,60 m of the CSI3* of Cabourg
- AIE TEK DE LALEUE (f.b., 2010) CSI3* with M. Pellegrin
- BLOOM DU PLESSIS (f.b., 2011) CSIO3* with Z. Hoffman, 2nd of the GP 1,50 – 1,60 m of the CSI3* of Vejer de la Frontera
- GLOBAL EXPRESS VDL (m.b., 2011) Champion of the 5 year olds and 7th of the 6 year olds in the final of the Dutch Championship
- BE EXPRESS*HDC (m.al., 2011) SF & Z approved stallion
- CASH DU PLESSIS (m.b., 2012) CSI05* ridden by L. De Luca, 2nd in the GP 1.60 m of the CSI5* in Valkenswaard
- CALL ME EXPRESS*HDC (f.al., 2012) Finalist at 6 & 7 years old, Best mare at 7 years old, Elite, CSI4*, ridden by R. Angot
- DIVINE EXPRESS*HDC (f.al., 2013) Vice-Champion of France at 6 years, Elite ISO 144
- ICARE EXPRESS*HDC (m.b., 2018) SF approved stallion, finalist at 4 years old
- ITHAC EXPRESS (m.b., 2018) Top Price of the Fences Elite sales, approved AES stallion
- JALOU B D’ARGANCE (m.b., 2019) SFO approved stallion, winner of the l’Eperon masters in 2023
Of the only 13 foals aged 7 and over, 7 are already performing at a high level